View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 11:04 AM   #5
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: halibrand models

Also, if you're running a stock fuel tank, you may have a clearance issue with the rear of the Quick Change. In order to put one in, you'll have to pull the body off of the frame, replace the rear cross-member, cut the rear floor-pan and add a "hump" area over the Model A cross member, etc.. If you have a rumble seat - it has to go.

There is a lot of fabrication work associated with putting one in - so you'll need to consider this. Also, you'll need to have work done to your pinion gear to fit the case/bearings and you'll need to be able to setup the gear backlash and mesh.

Lastly, I don't believe your stock torque-tube and drive-shaft will work (as the mounting point is in a different place (is lower) on any quick change center section - so you'll need to modify your torque-tube and rework the driveshaft (I believe the stock ones will be too short). I'm not sure if the early ring and pinion gears will work in the case, so you will need to know what ring and pinion gears you need to work with (prior to the modifications to the pinion gear).

All of this has been done thousands of times before, but you need to know the details before you head down the path. In the end (depending on what level of work you can do, versus farming it all out) - you'll spend North of $3,000 on it . . . and probably over $5,000.
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote