View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 08:50 PM   #31
Daves55Sedan

Default Re: Unusual extra side trim on 1956 Ford Fairlane Fordor Victoria.

"I don't think Australia used the '55 Dash, USA '55 dash had the round radio and clock."

So what. The steel stamp of the dashboard is the same. The Aussies just had different cutouts for instrument cluster (RHD), clock, radio etc. No big deal to make different cutouts in a prototype steel stamp. They just don't use the cutout jigs that USA did. They made their own cutout jigs.
But I am taking my original statement back. It doesn't need to be a mirror image. the '55 dash is perfectly symmetrical. They could have used a duplicate of the USA stamp for "55 dash.
Look at mercmans 9-17-2021, 03:54 PM post. That is an Aussie '58 Ford. And that dash is identical to the USA '55 Ford dash steel stamp. Yes the holes are different. Yes the instrument cluster is different, but the punchouts can be set up in a jig once to be used to stamp out thousands of dashboards.
The Aussies used the USA '55 dash stamp for many years after '55. They just created their own instrument cluster and used different clock, radio, etc.

Last edited by Daves55Sedan; 09-20-2021 at 09:02 PM.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote