View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 11:08 AM   #4
Lawson Cox

Default Re: Battery Tender light vs Ammeter query

Quote:
Originally Posted by koates View Post
Lawson. Your explanation is confusing to me. Are you leaving your battery charger (battery tender) connected to your truck battery while you are trying to crank or start the engine ? If so then you should not do that. Do you leave the battery charger still connected to the battery while your engine is running ? You should not do that either. The battery charger is for charging batteries only and not for testing charging systems on cars. If I have this wrong then I am sorry but please explain in more detail. Regards, Kevin.
Kevin:

Hey, it's confusing to me too or I wouldn't be asking questions. LOL This is something that I've just noticed for the first time and it got me wondering.

Yes, I sometimes leave the BT connected when I crank it, and run it a while in place. Why should I not do that? I sometimes disconnect it and run it in place as well. It doesn't seem to hurt anything to leave it connected while cranking/running.

Just as a check, I will disconnect the BT and crank and run it and see if that makes any difference. I will report further after the test. No time to do that now.

Lawson

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote