View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 06:09 PM   #246
haag1332

Default Re: carburetor 13/32 deep well socket

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I appreciate the thought mike. I am not scrapping for minor blemishes. There are numerous things that can go wrong in the process which I think we have perfected at this point. In one case a socket got double broached on the 13/32 end and will not fit the gav properly. In another case the square drive end went under tolerance when hardening and does not fit a standard 3/8 drive ratchet or extension properly. Believe me, if they were acceptable I would sell it, but I am not about to let a poor fitting socket out of here.

One reason this has taken so long is due to the fact that I figured we may make a second run. This entire first batch has been manufactured several different ways in order to figure out the best and fastest method to do these from here out. And it has been quite trying. Only good part is that all of the fixtures and tooling have been made. From here on out I will only need blanks and broaches to make the product. Bad part is the broaches are somewhat costly and are only good for so many sockets.

Bill
haag1332 is offline   Reply With Quote