View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #15
2manycars

Default Re: auxiliary lights and turn signals

Here are the photos of the switch and the unit. The unit attaches to the inside of the firewall with velcro. It has connections for front and rear lights, brake signal input, power, and ground. The red wire is the fused power wire. The black wire is ground. I just wound the phone cord from the switch around the flasher for now, will make it neat later. The buzzer is on the right, and is noisy enough to eliminate an indicator light.
I put the rectangular trailer lights under the body so they would not look bad when not in use. They are not noticeable until lit up. The original brake light is still in use, and I dont see that as a problem when braking, as it does not blink, like a signal does. I figure this is much better than no lights, and I dont want a right side taillamp, as the 29 did not come with one, and I like my hidden lights better. The light in the rear window is very slim, and not terribly noticeable until lit.
I am not suggesting everyone should do what I did, or that this is the best option, I just posted to show what I did, and what can be done. Everyone has their own idea as to what they think is best.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turn1.jpg (54.8 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg turn2.jpg (46.8 KB, 119 views)
2manycars is offline   Reply With Quote