Thread: Garage Lift
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 08:07 AM   #12
rockfla

Default Re: Garage Lift

John

Mine is a 9000lb A symmetrical lift, I don't remember the name BUT I have all the paper work and will look when I get home. I bought mine on the used market....I knew the previous owner and was able to see it in action before I bought it. I had mine moved and re-installed by a local dealer/installer, he charged me $ 400 to take it down, move it and re-install it. YOU didn't say whether you are leaning toward a 2 post of 4 post? I am not sure just how "other" two post lifts are BUT my rafters are 12-6" and my Installer wasn't comfortable installing my lift up to the 12' mark, I think that the 12' measurement is taken from the inside of the lift and doesn't account for the channel thickness between the two main post......IT would have put mine slam against the rafters....SO keep that in mind as a potential issue IF your ceiling height is 12' even. As always, IF you need or want and you are down visiting your daughter you are most welcome to stop by and check my lift out, get any ideas etc etc.
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote