View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 10:56 AM   #16
Ardun

Default Re: AOD Transmission

The AOD install in my 53 is done. Love it and was not difficult. 3.90 rear end works fine so would a 4.11. Speedway adapter worked perfectly and grinding the block for starter clearance was not an issue. Used a 54 auto column because I could not find a 53. Minor mods made it like a 53. Used Lokar levers and linkages which made job a lot easier and very clean. Having a plastics shop making a shift indicator dial that properly matches the AOD movement. Cut the center crossmember out to facilitate installation and welded on tabs to reinstall it with bolts. Made a trans crossmember out if rectangular tube and used a single bolt Ford transmission mount. Having a speedo cable made and job will be complete. I bought a used Speedway adaptor and had to get a new flexplate. Used a new Econoline 6 cylinder, internally balanced flexplate which only cost $35. Local tranny guy adjusted the all important throttle pressure. Spent $184 modifying and balancing the driveshaft. Installed a Summit trans cooler up front with steel lines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (62.7 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by Ardun; 12-05-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Ardun is offline   Reply With Quote