View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 11:09 PM   #106
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: Tom Wesenberg

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I want to thank everyone for your support. It means a lot to Marilee and me. We are engaged, but not married yet. Since the fire everything is on hold until we can get back on our feet. We got a bank loan to buy a trailer house 150 miles north of here, and luckily it has a couple storage buildings so I can house some of what can be saved. Most all of my homemade Model A tools are gone as well as many of my Model A parts, but I can save some and will have to restore them again.
I'll be working on making EVR's and restoring generators after we get settled in and squared away.
I didn't have any of my antique cars insured because I wasn't driving any of them since covid hit. After my mother passed away the house insurance more than doubled, so foolishly I let it lapse.
This has been the hottest summer I can remember, and it takes so much out of a person that it slows the progress on moving what I can save to up north. The city wants the house cleared as soon as possible. Today I asked for a 3 week extension so I can save more parts that I had in the basement.
Within a month or two I will have to line up a buyer and set a timeline for final demolishment and cleanup. It's very physically and mentally taxing, but I will stay with it as long as I can. I think my 29 Tudor can be saved, but it's still blocked by heavy debris in front of it. For some reason I can't post pictures here like I used to.
Thanks Again, Tom
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote