View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 11:47 AM   #34
warhorseracing

Default Re: receiving paypal payments

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeery View Post
Very interesting, I use PayPal almost daily and have never encountered any of this.
Possibly because you have it. I do not and it is my choice. As long as both the seller and buyer are satisfied with the end result is the main issue. I sold a three speed floor shifter to an individual on the H.A.M.B and requested the U.S. Postal Money Order. The day it arrived I cashed it and sent the item the same day. It arrived and was as I had described it so he let me know that he had got it and was happy. I had my money and all was good in the world. All of this after we discussed that it was new in the packaging and he viewed the picture. He wanted a picture of it spread out so he could view the parts. I initially hesitated to do this as it was still shrink wrapped to the cardboard backing but we had conversed so I removed it from the factory packaging and laid it all out in pictures. I even showed pictures of the installation directions and contents sheet so he could verify it was all there. I never felt as if he was scamming me as the item was discussed in a thread in which I mentioned that I had what he was looking for and to PM me if he was interested. Ryan and his crew do a very good job of policing and keeping things in line and they cannot protect everyone only issue guidelines to attempt to protect the genuine members. If you would not sell me a part because you do not accept the money order or a check then I move on. Your choice and mine.
warhorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote