View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 12:25 PM   #13
1948F-1Pickup

Default Re: Informal poll - 1948-52 F-1 Front Disc Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
Will the 1" bore MC provide good braking power without a booster? It is my understanding that a 7/8" will give an easier pedal effort, but require more travel. Also, have you determined if the residual valve will keep pressure on the rotors? In other words is this mustang MC for a model with non-boosted discs up front? Sounds like keeping Henry's hub is a good way to go without a glued on adapter.
I've been using the 1" master with the drums for 5 years and it's good...
I would say the increase in pedal movement toward the floor is very slight
when compared to the pedal you experience with the original 1 1/16" bore master. Personally, I wouldn't go down further in bore size to a 7/8" though.

The 1" Mustang master I'm using is for 4 wheel drum manual brake application. It has the residual valves in both ports. There's a chance it will operate and do the job just fine with the residual valve in place. The height of the master and the height of the caliper are pretty close.... close enough that you probably want some residual fluid control in the line to the front brakes. Whether the 1" master's residual valve provides too much pressure on the calipers is the question. That I will determine.
1948F-1Pickup is offline   Reply With Quote