Thread: shop heat
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #36
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: shop heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc Cruzer View Post
Geothermal - our garage is under the house and the foundation is cut back in to the side of a mountain. So the floor is 10' below ground level. The temp this morning was -15 yet the garage was still 51 degrees. During the summer when it is 100 outside the garage floor is 70 degrees. Normally the garage stays at around 55 all winter and 65 degrees all summer, so when you pull the car (Jeep) into the garage with all the ice and snow, it is completely melted off by morning. During the winter , a couple of sweat shirts and you are good to go. Then all you have to do is squeegee out the garage. Owh yah..the cost - free!
Doesn't daily heating and melting salt ladden snow really rust out the body quickly?

I leave my modern car outside year round because I have 2 A's in the garage. I give the Olds a good desalting after all the snow melts. This year we've had so many snowfalls that the roads are almost always wet with liquid salt slush, so it's going to be tough on the cars. I try to pick only days with dry roads to make my shopping trips, but it isn't possible this winter.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote