View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 10:27 PM   #1
40ACRZ

Default Trailering ‘28 Model A Phaeton

I’ve just been given my grandfather’s ‘28 Phaeton that he acquired in ‘30 and am in time crunch to get it out of his garage by January 21 before I have shoulder surgery. It’s not running and has four flats. Tires, tubes and rim strips arrived today and I finally got the dry-rotted flats off the rims earlier this evening. Hoping to have it rolling on the new tires by Thursday.

My dilemma is getting it on a trailer.

1. Will I be able to easily get it on my tandem axle utility trailer with a winch mounted on the front using 7’ ramps? Is a utility trailer going to be too high?

2. If my trailer will work, what do I attach the winch to? Or should I attach the winch to a tow strap or two and if so what do I attach the tow straps to? (I should be able to grab it from the front or rear with a little effort but details about both ends would be appreciated.)

3. Last, unless I’m overlooking something, once it’s on the trailer, where do I attach my tie down straps? I only need to transport it about 15 miles and can keep the speed pretty low.

Thanks in advance.
40ACRZ is offline   Reply With Quote