View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 12:00 AM   #7
tubman

Default Re: Newbie to forum, and Ford.

First, I agree with all of the above; I wouldn't change a thing until I got very familiar with both the car and the hobby. Your car is a "time capsule" and should be preserved as close to original as possible. That being said, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but you should know that the coils and condensers in these old Fords (especially ones that have been sitting a long time, which your seems to have) can have problems. These items deteriorate over time, and while they will function adequately when first started and not heated up, they can fail when driven a few miles and get up to temperature. You should probably get ahead of the curve and send your coil to "Skip" Haney in Punta Gorda, Florida for a rebuild. Also, you should probably get 8 or 10 condensers from your local FLAPS (hopefully it's a NAPA) in the hope that there will be one or two in the bunch that will be good. This forum is rife with stories from guys in your situation that run into problems after originally getting their cars running and driving..

"Forewarned is forearmed."

I am working on reliable replacement condensers for these cars and have units for the '33 to '36 cars in field test as we speak. The next step will be quality replacements for he '37-'41 vehicles, but we are not quite there yet.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote