View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 04:58 PM   #1
Robert61

Default Model A street rod

I'll try again, hello I'm Robert, I posted in the model a section and a few didn't like it and suggested I move over here or somewhere else all together. Actually either is fine with me. I've asked the mods to move it or delete it. So here goes. I'm helping a friend build a model A street rod for his wife. I've done quite a few mods to it and though some here would like to see it and a few have pm'd to keep posting. As far as the body we've chopped it 2", added power windows all of the way around including the Windows behind the driver, and a power rumble seat, Vintage Air, power steering and brakes, 700r4, and a Corvette rear axle. The engine is a flatty the we bored +.125, added a 4" Mercury crank, 3X2, Offy heads and intake. I modified the engine for full flow filtering, one piece front and rear main seals, Scat rods, small cam. I made the engine mounts to incorporate the 409 Chevy water pump, power steering A/C and alternator mounting. And who doesn't like a serpentine belt? The ignition is a flat top Chevy distributor modified to use a GM HEI module for ease of use and repair if needed. It takes me a long time to post pics as I can only do 2 at a time. And if this side goes the same as the other I won't ever get to posting them all anyway, I hope some of you will enjoy the work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (17.7 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (37.3 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by Robert61; 12-24-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Robert61 is offline   Reply With Quote