Thread: Leg room
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 01:07 PM   #10
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Default Re: Leg room

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgerhardt View Post
Moving the seat back will NOT correct the problem of your leg being trapped under the steering wheel when in first gear. The distance between your knee and the steering wheel will stay about the same. The problem is that the shift lever is leaning a little toward the drivers side, so when in first it traps your leg under the steering wheel. The solution is to bend the shift lever so it leans a little toward the passenger side. This will leave a little space for your knee to come up past the right side of the steering wheel. On mine I just grabbed the lever and pulled a little. It bent easily. A ten second fix!
Most home made adjusters DO NOT tilt in the front.. These adjusters from snyders DO which gives clearance under the steering wheel as well as moving the set back 6"...it works I have these in both my Tudors, the extra leg room and clearance is valuable for my comfort.. Never had a need to bend the shifter with these installed. Even just bending the shifter out of the way I would've needed these anyways for overall comfort so this killed two birds with one stone

Last edited by Mitch//pa; 06-27-2016 at 01:20 PM.
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote