View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 09:06 PM   #40
Ranchero50

Thumbs up Re: help with Model A market values

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
I honestly don't know where you are coming up with that mindset, but I honestly cannot agree with your statement. As it has been stated over and over, ownership of most collector vehicles is NOT an investment, -nor should it be considered as such.

Your last sentence is very accurate though. Many car enthusiasts do NOT have the financial ability to afford owning a collector car, -and shouldn't however they do so anyway. That in a nutshell is why they can't take care of it.
I guess it's just how I value stuff. Everything I own is built to the standard that it's use dictates. Sounds kind of wonky but it's true. My 'A' started as a hot rod body stolen chassis and I'm making my own aluminum body (mostly because I wanted to learn how and I don't fit in a regular body). Everything else has been built to its use (Cummins powered '71 F350 dually dump, stretched Seadoo powered bass boat etc). I do have one very nice unrestored '68 Fairlane fastback with 38k miles that comes out once or twice a year. I bought it in 1991 with 34k miles and I feel more of a custodian than owner. I'm in the process of shedding a couple newer cars and ironically I'm going to make money on all of them with this crazy economy.

Anyway, I hope it helps you understand my thoughts.