View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 03:41 AM   #2
A bones

Default Re: Recommendation on CAR Storage for the winter

Hi Bob, There are many ways to tackle this problem. Let's begin with your area of location. There may be some one here that knows of a place with room.

Other than that, check local papers for garage for rent. Private parties love that sort of tenant who parks, locks and does not disturb for several months. Opposed to the tenant who comes and goes any hour or day. Don't be afraid to ask the small time local realtor, and any social groups you may know. Last but not least are the commercial storage units. They however can be pricey, depending on the proximity to an urban area. If the place is located in the sticks, the fees are usually less. First and foremost though, I would put out the word to all family, friends, and neighbors. You could get lucky and score something for cheap with some one who could have a personal affinity for you treasure.

Been in your your shoes more than I care to recall. Now I have three cars in a two car garage, plus three in the driveway that my wife wife resents seeing. Yes I am a hoarder. Too bad. The treasures that I had to let go of in my youth when I had no property, but 'Classic value' was not publicly or socially accepted, make me ill. "Get that junk out of here!" They all cried. Sorry about the rant. Good Luck
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)