Thread: Irma
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 09:21 PM   #23
SeaSlugs

Default Re: Irma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
Seaslugs I LIKE that 'I guess salt is the worst damage around Illinois' man that's the truth Thank goodness for beaters. And they hold up a hundred times better than they used to most cars of all makes I see running around here that are even ten years old look pretty good. It's rare to see one rotted out unless it has had poor body work done from a collision with a deer. Deer are more damaging to our cars than tornadoes even!!

Oh yeah and insurance. Some close friends moved last month from Illinois to Kansas to be near their daughter. He told me 'House insurance is FOUR times more expensive than back home for the same coverage due to all the tornado damage'. Yikes.

You guys down south take care and we all wish the very best for you. The news the other nite said one of the dangers from Houston they are warning folks about is to watch for snakes-alligators- and fire ants floating on the water. That would have to go for Florida too this coming weekend.
yea i saw videos of the floating balls of fire ants...awful haha. Yea cars seem to hold up pretty nice anymore - full size trucks seem to go to s**t real fast still though. Seen plenty of bubbled paint tailgates, holes in rear bumpers, rear wheel wells and cab corners on less than 10 year old trucks...