View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 06:20 PM   #22
Russ/40

Default Re: Finally some Cam Degree Numbers - Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatrod View Post
How is the compression? Retarding it will be losing compression, advancing it will add compression. It won't be much, maybe 20 pounds but its noticeable. Advancing it more than 4 degrees will start to lose compression again. Installing at the highest compression will be the best running, but that's a lot of dicking around to find it. I would go with a intake center line spec if you have it.
flatrod, I repeat from an earlier post, the cam ran fine in my car a number of years ago. The cam now is in another engine. The engine will not time correctly with a setup stock helmet type Ford distributor. It static times at 25 degrees advance. At rpm it will advance to 35 degrees. The centerline is supposed to be 111 degrees both intake and exhaust. As flatjack9 states, the centerline or lobe center is at 120 degrees, so, if the 77b is the same lobe center int and exh, the cam is ok, but its not timed correctly, which corresponds with my original complaint regarding where the static timing is

Compression is low, about 85lbs. Probably due to extreme advance.

bbrocksr, - since I am using a dial indicator on the valve head, in my way of thinking the lash is of no concern, as I am taking it out of the equation by measuring only valve movement.
Russ/40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)