View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 11:43 AM   #5
Big hammer

Default Re: Gleaner engine pictures??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1crosscut View Post
I've been making pretty good progress the preservation restoration of a 1936 Model A Gleaner engine power unit. Getting pretty close to finishing up the engine and will start working on the hand clutch, control panel, radiator and the frame the engine mounts into after the engine is completed.
A couple of years ago I started a thread https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showt...gine&showall=1
asking for pictures of one of these units. A picture in post #20 by Updraught is one of the best that I have seen but it like all of the others are really only showing the front of the engine. I would like to see pictures that show how the muffler was set up. Anyone have pictures showing this or any other views? As you can see in the pictures the manifold on these engines goes straight out to the rear and not down like on cars and trucks. Maybe someone has or knows someone that has a complete Gleaner unit and could take some photos for me.
I went to the ford garage site and looked at the 30 Gleaner original manual, the drawing shows the muffler turning up and the tail pipe turning 30 degrees rearward of the engine or out of side on the combine! Also the air filer is high up on the grain bin. Please show the other side of your engine the oil filler breather looks interesting! Keep us posted with pictures :-)