View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 01:00 PM   #12
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Wilwood front disc kit 140-14190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Ron View Post
The cheapest way to go is with the speedway kit, unfortunately ths system is heaver than the stock brake drum and will cause handling problems.
Ya know Ron, that is one of the strangest replies that I have ever heard from YOU. So....just HOW MUCH HEAVIER IS THIS SYSTEM over the stock Ford parts? And other than POSSIBLY increasing the "UNSPRUNG weight" (by WHAT amount), exactly WHAT "handling" problems will be encountered in the average '35 to '40 Ford, for instance? Can you actually substantiate such a proclamation?

One more little piece of information that I have shared in the past....I just finished verifying with the Speedway Tech folks that the "SPEEDWAY" brand Bendix/Lincoln reproduction drums and backing plates ARE NOT manufactured by MT Car Products (Boling Brothers)! This reply below from Speedway's 'tech department' this morning:

Brittany - "According to our techs they are similar in the manufacturing of the product but they are not made by MT car products, these are ours. They just happen to be very similar in appearance."

They're cheaper for a reason...'cuz they aren't the same quality as MT Car Products parts! There are numerous reports for some years now relating to inferior fit and machining of the Speedway drums. Many complaints involving being machined out of round. The Speedway drum pictures definitely show a SIMILAR, but DIFFERENT drum. Note the Speedway drum does NOT have the embossed Max Diameter of 12.090" like the MT drums have. In fact, the Speedway drums max-out at 12.060.

Like I said earlier, order your "real" MT Car Products brake parts from Krylon32 here on the 'Barn for the real deal...PLUS a decent discount!

Speedway Drum:

MT Car Products drum:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91065400_L1600_901e972a-25f5-4582-9482-a0684917886a.jpg (27.8 KB, 184 views)

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote