View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 01:18 AM   #1
Mercmarc

Default Air Conditioning Condenser for an 8BA

Hello All,

What is the best A/C condenser for a 1950 8BA?

I have a 1935 Fordor Slantback with a 1950 8BA dual carb, Isky 88 cam and dual exhaust. That said my wife says its time for A/C in the car. Several years ago I read a thread regarding a particular A/C condenser being better than others for a V8 flatty. I can not seem to find the older thread.

I am planning on using a Vintage Air A/C with heater, second generation system.

Does anyone recall the old thread or have a recommendation / experience with an A/C condenser in a 35 Fordor?

My concern is a typical A/C condenser may restrict too much air flow. I am using a five core offset tube radiator with good air flow using a 15 inch 3000 CFM FAL electric fan with a shroud. 160 degree stats but it runs about 175 degrees. I have dual mechanical temp gauges by Auto Meter and have checked them in a pot of boiling water to be with in a few degrees of each other and reading approximately 212 F.

I don't want to be in hot water with this engine nor hot water with the wife for no AC.

As always, any information is greatly appreciated. Ford Barn is the best thing fishing, a good whisky and a stogi. :-)

Respectfully

Marc
Mercmarc is offline   Reply With Quote