View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 03:40 PM   #16
Offy 220

Default Re: Long Beach model T Club 63rd Annual Swap Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
Glad to hear that you got to meet some good people. Yup, I made it there early...only 100 back in line ! Early does not mean that you get the good stuff though. Darn kids with energy/eagerness running on ethyl, I guess, seemed to always be carrying what I was looking for !
I did slobber over ONE item seen, at gold price, a riley 4 port ohv head..nos !!

Also, brought something in the way of...hot off the press news...for four cylinder guys, i.e.- pictures of a new four cyl alum head by friend Jim B. He also had two copies of his second book. I had the last copy in my hand and it was bought (by some OLD dude) while I held it . Early bird with the cash syndrome, eh . He says...xcuse me, your holding MY book !

Jim's head looks to be a winner (7:1 pictured). Jim making 'improvements' in soon to be...next batch. Hope he doesn't mind my pictures promoting sales ..ha !
Hi Hardtimes,
Yes, I was standing right across from the table where Jim's new head casting was displayed when I was talking Mr Eastwood and Jim Jacobs. I wish all of us had name tags - i wanted to talk to him but I didn't know what he looked like! I have his first book and hopefully I can get in line to get his second. I noticed someone was selling Winfield carbs toward the entrance but by the time I got in the area I couldn't find him. I also noticed someone was selling a DO Hal - all I saw was the sign. I do remember years ago there was a couple of Cragars and some Winfield Red heads for sale, it's great some of these rare items are being reproduced. All in all I had a great time and I am looking forward to next year!
Offy 220 [Bruce]
Offy 220 is offline   Reply With Quote