View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 09:43 PM   #12
kimeccles

Default Re: 1930 Cabriolet wood belt rail question

Russ B,

Thanks for the amazing pictures and the link to all the others!! You have done a superb job, and your car looks amazing. All of these will be a huge help when I attempt the rest of the top. I think your choice of the tan Bedford cord looks better than bow drill fabric for the belt rail. However, I will use the bow material to stay more original.

I have made a mess trying to get the fabric over the belt rail corner by the lower landau metal rod and bracket. I see you did use two sections of fabric to complete the curve and then also cover the triple hinge.

Even then, you got farther around the curve past the landau post, but I had to cut the material to try to pull it around. I should not have put the package tray in as now I see I needed to go around the curve of the belt rail with those extra pieces of material first.

Thanks very much for your quality, detailed pictures. I will help save me a LOT of problems as I can't afford to ruin the LeBaron Bonney olive drab material which is not easily available now.

I still need to find a pattern for the bow drill covered cardboard panels that originally are supposed to go over the inside surface of the vertical #1 bow to conceal and smooth the surface at the hinge. Anyone know what that looks like from the back of the bow? I think it needs to wrap around the back and the Standards book only shows the front side.