View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #11
Ron in Quincy

Default Re: internal engine enamel

Some additional information about Red insulating enamel you might not be aware of :

For many years the Contenental Radial Airplane Engine inside cases were coated at the factory.

A local engine builder, who is known around the world for the quality of his rebuilding of radial engines, Holloway Engineering, Quincy, coats the interior of the cases of the radial engines.

I purchase a spray can from him when I run out. I coat the inside of the valve chamber, block cavity, engine pan, dip-tray,timing cover, flywheel cover, bell housing, and u-joint housing. It not only looks nice but seals the castings pores so there is no build up on the surface like you find when opening up a run engine. The oil in the engine stays clean and after over 1300 miles on my coupe engine when I checked it yesterday it looks like I just changed it. Maybe its my imagination, but I think the interior coating works ?

I also reinsulate armatures and field coils when rebuilding starters and generators.

If interested, you can get a full case, 12 16 oz spray cans, for $ 83.28 plus shipping. Its Epoxy Insulating Enamel, 401 Red, Wet-1200 V/mil, Dry-2100 V/mil, Penerates, coats and seals in one step:

Aervoe Industries Inc.
Gardnerville, Nevada
!-800-227-0196 (Customer service for order)
1-775-783-3100

Ron

Forget to mention, the 401 Red is also gasoline resistant .

Last edited by Ron in Quincy; 08-06-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Ron in Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote