Thread: Over Fill Oil
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 10:00 AM   #26
The Master Cylinder

Default Re: Over Fill Oil

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Shaft View Post
Nope,cant put the cotter pin in through the inspection cover hole either..The model a engine lubrication system is like a monsoon,oil is splashed everywhere. On cold startup it takes about 30 seconds to completely fill the valve gallery..when the car sits oil drips from the main bearing clearances lowering the gallery level,startup is when your mains are most vulnerable to lack of lubrication..I run mine on cold start at about 1000 rpm,get the oil up to the valve gallery as fast as i can without load..
I always run mine over with the starter, ignition off for awhile to pump some oil up. I don't know if it helps or not but it makes me feel better. I have 12v so it spins pretty fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBSHELTON View Post
I don't have a cotter pin hanging out of the bellhousing drain. Anyone have an idea how I could get one in there?
I don't think you will be able to get the cotter pin in. The flywheel is oretty close to the bell at that point. I put one in once after I bolted up the flywheel. Luckily I notice before installing engine. I had to bend the cotter pin to get enough clearance to get it thru the hole.

Enjoying life at the beach in SoCal...

Last edited by The Master Cylinder; 07-22-2020 at 10:07 AM.
The Master Cylinder is offline   Reply With Quote