View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 10:32 AM   #6
Bursonaw

Default Looking for a Top Kit for my 1936 Phaeton

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
To my knowledge the T-14GT top material was special made by Haartz for LeBaron Bonney. I searched myself for top kits for my 36 Roadster and did not find anything ready made that would compare to the quality and color match to LeBaron Bonney. I found a local upholsterer who was very knowledgeable and ordered the material direct from Haartz. He will be making a top and side curtains for my car this fall. Although the cost is much higher than a ready made top, I think the quality and workmanship is much higher on a custom made top. It was for me the only way I could get the correct color and quality I wanted. On a side note, I started down this path because I could not find anyone that would do the side curtains until I found this upholsterer. Also I have done quite a bit of restoration work on my top irons to insure the new top will fit, look and work properly. I have spent about 40 hours removing the old top, repairing the top irons and getting the correct hardware, but that’s 40 hours labor I saved cost on. I know this is more than you asked for, but I hope this helps in your quest. You can PM me if you have other questions I can help with. Good luck!

Tony

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Bursonaw; 07-24-2020 at 07:59 PM.
Bursonaw is offline   Reply With Quote