View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 05:57 AM   #4
russcc

Default Re: Front Wheel Cylinders

Mart is correct as I just went through this. Only the 1 3/8" bore front cylinders are available. I believe the are all imported, but compare the prices.
NAPA, wheel cylinder about $17.00, Joe's about $39.00, and Raybestos, WC8264 FL, and WC 8265 FR sold by Rock Auto about $69.00 ea. Is that a message about the quality of the products offered by NAPA, etc. What I do know is Raybestos, (Brake Parts, Inc.), has invested in major mfg. plants in China and Taiwan. They are staffed with Mfg. engineers and quality control staffs. If you go on Raybestos web site they have a complete list of the brake parts that fit the EV8 cars, F1s and and later Fords. From master cylinders, to wheels cylinders, brake hoses and rebuild kits. Most of the products are sold by Rock Auto. They may cost more, but that would be my first choice when I run out of usable NOS stuff.
NAPA wheel cylinders are sold under their name, and are "United Brake" product. Compare the price of the NAPA wheel cylinder with that of the Rayhestos ones that Rock Auto sells.
Is there something wrong here.
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote