View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 11:03 AM   #55
JayJay

Default Re: Model A Town Car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris in WNC View Post
Would like to see a rear view of this car- looks rounder it the rear roof edge than other town cars. is this just how the photo angle makes it look?
Don't believe Harrah would have had it if it were a clone- he was very particular about correctness.......
I remember making a pilgrimage from the SF Bay Area to Reno (well, Sparks actually) in the late 60s to visit the Harrah's collection. I remember seeing a Town Car, don't remember the details but it could very well have been this one. Boy what a spectacular collection! I recall when that collection was liquidated in the mid-80's after Bill Harrah died, but apparently some of the cars are still in Reno at the National Automobile Museum (I haven't visited that one, has anyone?) Hard to imagine anything like the old Harrah's collection, though. A '29 Station Wagon that I was working on (not mine, regrettably) got sold to Harrah.

There is also a pretty nice car collection in the SF Bay Area at the Blackhawk Museum (in the East Bay). Last time I was there was probably 20+ years ago with my Dad (gone now), I don't remember too many Model A's.

JayJay

------------------------
1930 Murray Town Sedan
1931 Briggs S/W Town Sedan
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote