Thread: Valve Cover
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 09:45 AM   #11
Speedster Jeff

Default Re: Valve Cover

Thank you all for the replies. I put new plugs in and a new distributor cap and rotor button and it still misses every once in a while. I took the valve cover off and tried to use my phone with a slow motion video and that didn't catch the problem, but it is cool to watch. I finally got frustrated and took an oil can and just squirted 30 weight oil on each valve stem and as much as I wanted to think it was better, my son said it is no different. I am at a loss. With dad's passing, I am running out of mentors to call because they are all passing away. My next thought is to pull the head off and see if I can pour some Rislone down each valve from the top, or even take each one out and clean them and the guides and see if that helps. I called a local guy with a T that I met and it turns out, he hires his work out and couldn't help. I have a few other folks I can call that worked with my father and see if they can help me because they used to remachine cranks, cams and engine blocks years ago. If I take the head off, I might give it a valve job and see if that would help. I live with the oil leaks because it is a model T, but I don't like it not running properly. I have almost all of my other toys running like swiss watches, and this thing deserves to be the same way.
Speedster Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote