View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 05:10 PM   #9
NZ26Ttourer

Default Re: Help wanted for T distributor identification

Thank you for that information. As my car is a right hand drive ( Canadian built) , the control rods are quite different to those fitted to American cars. I have removed the auto advance mechanism from the distributor and have the points plate fixed. As well, I have made up a linkage to connect the advance/retard lever to the base of the distributor, so that is sorted.
However the helical gears on the bottom of the distributor shaft are showing wear on 4 teeth on one side, indicating that something is out of true.
I’ve checked the seating of the alloy case into the casting where the timer used to be, and it appears to seat well, with no movement. The extension shaft in the distributor drive is not bent, and the bearings are in good order with no play. I can only conclude that one or both gears are very slightly “out of round” causing the uneven wear on the drive gears.
Will the Texas T gear set fit this distributor set-up?
The rotation is clockwise looking down at the distributor. I’ve been told that the Texas T distributor rotates the opposite way, but have not seen one for myself.
Any comments really appreciated.
NZ26Ttourer is offline   Reply With Quote