View Single Post
Old 07-29-2022, 07:35 PM   #1251
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Watch TV. Nahh.

Want to waste time? It’s easy, simply sit in front of TV. You give it time; it gives you nothing. Now that’s guaranteed.
I give our national TV broadcaster only an hour a week to watch a farming/rural program. Otherwise I don’t waste the time plus I don’t like their bias. Their radio is much better with considerable time spent on reporting international events but their programs voicing local events are, like their TV, politically bias. Likewise their reporting of social issues.
So how do I keep abreast of happenings. The internet. News, events, and reading on line newspapers, about six in all. Because I don’t subscribe I am provided with the headings and first fifteen words or so. These are always complementary without having to subscribe and are sufficient to get an almost complete understanding.
These papers include the Russian Times and the Times UK. I don’t read any American because our local Australian papers keep us fully informed.
Then there’s documentaries and the number of excellent ones are almost endless. So what are they? Almost entirely they are-

Firstly American, “Uncommon Knowledge” conducted by Peter Robinson of the Hoover Institute. Robinson is a pleasant fellow who speaks to some knowledgeable people.

Timeline. A ‘Historyhit Network’ show. A British program produced by a bloke named Dan Snow. The internet says he will be recognised by Americans who watch PBS (which I watch at times). Factories in war production is just one and it is apparent how massive American machine is which swung into production during WW2.

DW or Deutsche Welle. German as the spelling suggests. Like Timeline, much history as well as current topics.

There is also an English show featuring an excellent political commentator but this forum is not political so I will not go there.

Conversations. An Australian radio program. Two excellent talk show hosts speak to mainly book writers. Many topics, always interesting. Always my bedtime story. It is broadcast each week day and ABC radio but is on podcast were I go to listen to it. ABC’s most downloaded podcast.

Then there’s pommy comedies. You do really need to understand their humour. I can wake in the morning still laughing.

So if you have idle or spare time you will enjoy any of these shows. More informative and more interesting and entertaining than almost anything on TV.

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 08-02-2022 at 05:20 PM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote