View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 08:55 AM   #15
Dave in MN

Default Re: Oil filter worth the effort?

I don't have any experience with using an oil filter on a Babbitt engine so no comment.

I do have experience with the installation of oil filters on insert bearing engines and driving them. I have over 99,000 miles on my '29 Phaeton's touring engine and have not removed the oil pan in all those miles. The engine has had an A-Ford-able full flow filter installed since it was put into service in the year 2000. I also install full flow filters on all the touring engines I rebuild for folks.

Installing a full flow filter just makes sense on a car that is driven lots of miles. No one can convince me otherwise.

By the way, I just returned home from a 30 mile, top down, drive this morning with the Phaeton. I took the back roads to a little coffee shop and enjoyed some solitude and a good cup of coffee. The sun was low in the morning sky, the air was cool and the car purred along the deserted roads. I think if there are quiet back roads and Model A's in heaven, I just got a glimpse of how it could be.
Good Day!

Last edited by Dave in MN; 07-02-2022 at 09:08 AM.
Dave in MN is offline   Reply With Quote