View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 11:46 PM   #10
Model A Ron

Default Re: Proper way to fold down top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
If a top is left down for any extended length of time, it shrinks. Have you left it down like that before and if so, was it difficult to put back up? I have no trouble driving in he rain in my Phaeton except that when I go above about 50 mph, there is a fine mist comes in over the windscreen but not enough to get us wet. It doesn't sound like you have a very good top.
As for the shrinking I am sure it does shrink over time. I put it up after two weeks and I did not see any issues however I left it in the sun with the top up for a few hours prior to fixing it to the windshield. .....all seemed to be fine. Soon after that warm Carolina weather set in and the top has been down for about a month now.

I have heard about putting it up every night to avoid shrinking but my top is also 12 years old and I felt the constant up and down would cause more damage than just leaving it down. Unless I am caught in hurricane like conditions far from home it will stay down till December. The PO only drove it with the top up but to me if I cannot drive it with the top down I just as soon leave it in my building . I am am an open car kind of man and to me the Phaeton just looks sexy topless. Also at 6'3 I have a very hard time getting into the car with the top up. Its just about impossible from the drivers side door top up but top down its rather ez.

This also give me an excuse to buy a Two Door but if I find one it needs to be much less than what I spent on the Phaeton or I need to come into some money......in that case I would buy a Victoria as that style is rather sexy as well lol

Ron

Last edited by Model A Ron; 04-16-2021 at 11:55 PM.
Model A Ron is offline   Reply With Quote