View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 08:46 AM   #3
Model A Ron

Default Re: Proper way to fold down top

That's a good question. I looked for a video and could not find one. I only had mine up and down a few times. The PO always drove it with the top up and I was told it was down for just one day since the car was restored in 2010 for a parade.

Now as for myself I am a top down kind of man and find the Phaeton to be one big blind spot with the top up. Since my top was not operated for many years I started by placing a drop of oil on all folding points. Loosen and free the top from the windshield. Loosen the wing nuts on the top rails but do not remove and start folding. You will see the section that needs to be pulled down for the top to fold. Now as for bringing it up I found that it takes a bit more time to get the rails properly adjusted so that the metal is under the top.

My top has been down for about a month and I do not see the need to put it up. The plastic side windows are very hard to see out of and a car without windows will get you just as wet in the rain. I would just try and not drive if you think it will rain and if you do plan on getting wet.

Do you have a boot for your car? I am thinking about getting one.

Ron

Last edited by Model A Ron; 04-16-2021 at 08:54 AM.
Model A Ron is offline   Reply With Quote