View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 07:28 PM   #26
tjw

Default Re: Dual distributors

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Ron View Post
Well we bought one of these back a few years ago, and couldn't figger out how to make it work. The distributors didn't line up with the gear on the cam. Was also told we had to have a CCW distributor for the drivers side, so I got a Pontiac dist. I could see this was going to be to complicated to work for us. My stupid factor is pretty high. That cover is pretty expensive. just how much does a working dual distributor system like that cost?
With my system you could run two stock distributors, and with the right carb should work just fine.
Hi Ron I am sure you did not buy one off me, someone else was making something similar to mine at one stage.. I have never had any conversation with yourself about using a Pontiac distributor on one side and have never advised any one to use them [ the Pontiac distributor would most likely not line up with gears anyway as the length of it would be wrong ... I only use two 8ba distributors which line up correctly and I have a video of the test engine running using this set up. MESSAGE me your email address and I will send you a copy of the video to view. [ If any one else wants a copy of the engine running video please send me your email address. ] I will see if I can load it on here first .. As far as cost is concerned, I think they are fairly priced as it is not a cheapo item to manufacture, by the time you cost in the pattern to make them, cast it, machine it, ship it etc. I run an electronic ignition with both modules in the one distributor as you will see in the photo which has never given us any problems at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TWIN TIMING 3.jpg (76.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg twin 8 5.jpg (79.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg twin 8 ignition.jpg (67.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0561.jpg (39.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0557.jpg (47.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0421.jpg (51.9 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by tjw; 01-12-2019 at 08:10 PM.
tjw is offline   Reply With Quote