View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 11:47 AM   #33
Gary Karr

Default Re: Blue Ribbon Restorations

I have restored two Mode A's for fine point and as I look at it, besides driving and touring in them, for me, it is all equally fun researching and restoring them. To each his own as this is truly a big hobby with lots of cars out there.

I don't agree with the statement that there were more fine point restorations in the 90's as there ate today. The MARC National Meet in Oshkosh this past June had 18 cars signed up for fine point judging with 17 being judged as one didn't make it because of a tow vehicle issue. Out of the 17 judged, 7 were awarded "Henry Awards" which means they received a minimum of 480 points out of 500.

For me, I'm not sure if I will tackle another fine point restoration although I have enough sheet metal and parts to easily do my 29 OCPU. For now, I am working on other's cars, one that I finished for the Oshkosh Meet, a very early 28 Sport Coupe. That was a really fun project as it was so early (101st production car) everything was different than what we're used to seeing. I'm currently updating a Model A that had been shown years ago but never reached the "Henry" quality. After that, who knows. I've been bit by the early 28 bug so I may do yet another one.
Gary Karr is offline   Reply With Quote