View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #13
Rock Hornbuckle

Default Re: Weak Spark Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by H. L. Chauvin View Post
Jim,,

1. First if you do not have one, please get a Multi-meter -- very inexpensive, but better than aspirin for relieving Model A headaches.

2. Mr. Marron's reply #2 & #7 are really a great way to check electrical problems, i. e. starting with the battery, and methodically following the wires all the way to the end.

3. Trying not to sound like a broken record, current flows from your battery through wires just like water current flows through water pipes.

4. One bad electrical connection in a wire, like at the coil, the junction box, condenser etc., etc., or an exposed un-insulated wire touching metal, (i.e., grounding out), & the flow of electrical current is impeded, whereby this loss of current flow is similar to a water leak in a water pipe which decreases the flow of water at the end of the pipe.

5. All of the other suggestions are similar & most noteworthy indicating to check good electrical current flow.
Right on..I would add, make sure you have the engine grounded to the frame, and battery. without a good ground, you can't get good current flow.
'14 100th Anniversary Challenger Limited Edition.

Semper Fidelis
Rock Hornbuckle is offline   Reply With Quote