View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 03:39 PM   #321
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Continuing my farmer and flyer series.

Bob Watters.

Bob farms in Northern Victoria and was one of the four whom I invited for the luncheon (mentioned in the Rick story yesterday). He and his attractive wife Dawn. A farm leader and has sat on many government advisory panels including the one that made recommendations on genetically modified foodstuffs - the green leftie radicals had been opposing.
One extremely wet winter Bob asked I spread fertilizer on his Canola crop. I sort of scoffed as I asked him just where would I fly from. “oh from my Canola crop”he responded. I sort of scoffed yet again. Well you think it will be soft Gary?. Well yes of course Bob.
Bob said if I would arrive he would drive his heavy truck through the canola. I agreed but was most sceptical. Well I arrived and Bob did just what he said. Drove his truck through the crop. I landed, gingerly I might add. The crop surface was ashard as it could be. He had an excellent crop and he hadn’t cultivated for several years. Bob has introduced a new management technique to farming. Minimum tillage.
Hats off to you and your farm practices Bob.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote