Thread: V8 water pump
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: V8 water pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
The water pump on my 29 Roadster with an A motor just went out. I bought the car about a month a go. so is there a place that I can get a new water pump with the pulley set up on it. their is also a Clings serpentine belt and fan on it also. can you help ne out? thanks, Brendan
Brendan, when you said "it went out", ....exactly what does that mean? Did it start leaking? Did it break in half??

I also am not sure if you have a V-8 pump with an adapter or a regular-style Model-A pump. Generally speaking, if a serpentine belt is used on a regular Model-A pump, the natural tendency is to tighten the belt too tight which ruins the front bearing on the pump. With that said, I also do not see a value in a serpentine set-up. I do see the value in a race car application where parasitic Hp draw is a factor but when the original belt is properly installed, the Hp consumed is negligible and the water pump wear is all but eliminated. Might I suggest if possible that you revert the system back to an original style pump, fan, and belt system.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)