View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 04:54 PM   #1
Tom Wesenberg

Default We Need a Horn for Tailgaters

Yesterday I drove my antique car to fix a short for a club member's 31 Phaeton. On the return trip, as I was slowing down to turn into my driveway a car was still driving full speed and not slowing for me. I live on a road with a 30 MPH speed limit, and the road has those stupid curb and gutters, so I couldn't turn to the side. I thought for sure I was going to be rear ended before I could turn into my drive. This car had been behind me for at least 5 blocks, so it's not as though he didn't see me. Maybe he was taking picture or texting with his phone, but I wish I'd have had a loud horn on the rear of my car to alert the idiot. I watched him in my mirror as he finally did some hard braking.

There should be a horn that sounds if the car following approaches too quickly or follows too closely. My neighbors newer van brakes the car automatically if he comes up too fast on the car ahead. That same sensor could be connected to a horn on the rear. Speeders and tailgaters have been a real problem around here for the past 20 years.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote