View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 01:31 PM   #7
Jim/GA

Default Re: Model A hot water heater installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdtutton View Post
Hello,
My cooling system works well and I have a firewall insulator on my car so I run a nice warm 180 degree thermostat year round. The engine can run warm and efficient without cooking the passengers in the summer, and hopefully keep the passengers warm on those cold Michigan fall/winter mornings.
Since it is just a cable running to the choke I am no longer able to adjust the GAV on the carburetor. My car always ran the best when the adjustment was turned out about a half of a turn. When I hooked up the cable I marked it so it would be fixed in that position when I hooked up the cable. It seems to be running great.
I see.

Is the thermostat in the upper hose up by the radiator neck? On the radiator side of where you are taking the hot water out for the heater?

My S/W Town Sedan was driven by the previous owner and his family in the Chicago area for many years. He installed a hot water heater inside the car on the passenger side. He had a thermostat in the upper hose. He also installed a small 12 volt electric pump to push the hot water through the heater core. I guess the car's water pump was not enough for him.

I took it out in Texas because we did not need the heat.

Jim/GA is online now   Reply With Quote