View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 06:30 PM   #4
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: Andy Hardy Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfitzpatrick View Post
You might gather that I am rather cynical about the "entertainment" industry and those who have worked in it. They make a ridiculously large living out of playing make believe, something I stopped doing about the time I finished primary school.

Actually I don't know what I "gather" about your thoughts on the "entertainment" industry -- I was just lookin' for some information/thoughts.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

I fully agree... they are for the most part fake people. Overpaid phonies. Mostly pedophile coke heads.

BUT I like the movies from the '30's and 40's the best, they are my favorites over all. TCM is fun to watch. Turner Classic Movies.

In response to your first post, you are 100% correct I've noticed this myself over and over. I was watching a late 1930's Spencer Tracy flick a couple weeks ago. It's name slips my mind. Anyway he was working at a gas station and hopped into his 1930 Standard Roadster and said something to his buddy, hit the key and starter and the way he went. NO use of the Spark control.

They probably bent a lot of Bendix's back in those days. And by even 1936 or so a Model A Ford was really being abused people were pretty hard on them. Roadsters. They REALLY got beat.......... Fugetaboutit

Last edited by Jeff/Illinois; 10-09-2020 at 07:31 PM.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote