View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 10:42 PM   #1
Mike85212

Default Will not shift into second

Hello everyone, my name is Mike. I purchased my first Model A today....it is a ‘31 Slant window with the Murray body tag. It isn’t my first old vehicle, I have a ‘51 Ford F1 that has been modified, I also have a ‘66 Mustang V8 with auto and air that is my daily driver.
Now for my problem, I bought the car a little less than ten miles from my home. When I drove home I could not get the car to shift into second gear...I tried the double clutch, I even tried triple clutching it, I was patient....I could shift into first and reverse no problem, after figuring out that I was not going to get it into second I tried skipping second and was able to fast shift it into third with a little force.
I have watched many videos on how to start and drive the Model A, but maybe I am missing something...I am by no means an expert.
Please help me...I am sincerely hoping that someone is going to say that she is just a little low on fluid....and I’m hoping that I was not an idiot and bought a car with a junk transmission.
There are a few other problems but this is the biggest one and I would like to get it taken care of right away.
My goal with this car is to drive it a lot...not my daily, but close. I also want to keep it close to stock with the exception of a few safety modifications.
Thanks for your help.

Here are a couple of pictures for you guys.....I am sure that likethe other websites I KSU scribe to everyone loves photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 87FA83B2-E5D2-4D3C-9F6B-2EDEDBCE7F75.jpg (75.7 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg 34F17468-E760-47C2-8AAB-01249D67BCE0.jpg (89.5 KB, 70 views)
Mike85212 is offline   Reply With Quote