View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 09:24 AM   #2
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: sealed bearing fan hub

Would be best to provide us with more information into what it is you're trying to accomplish, what car, what chassis, what radiator, what water pumps, what belt size/system, fan location, etc..

If you're just trying to create a hub to mount a fan in a location like a 32 - 36 (and beyond) years had, then there are many ways to skin the cat. One of the easiest ways is to take an old generator (where the fan mounted in front - assuming the right location) - then pulling the guts out of it, making a short little case (say 3/4" to 1" long in the middle - cutting down the original), using the ends of the generator with the bearings and making a shaft for the middle. I forgot which year generators have roller bearings on both ends - seems like there is something to remember/know here?

Another approach that I've seen is to buy one of the old Corvair fan hubs - has a nice big bearing in the middle and you can easily work from it (making the 'mount' piece that bolts to wherever you need the fan to be). These hubs are available as NOS and can save you a lot of time/work in starting from scratch. I have one I can take a picture of if you need me too.

Anyway, give us some more to go from - then you'll get some better ways to approach the problem. Am I correct in assuming you have machine tools/capabilities to make things - like shafts?
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)