View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 10:06 PM   #8
frank55a

Default Re: JC Whitney now carparts.com?

J.C. Whitney was the retail business. The spelling is probably wrong, but Warshowski was the wholesale company. In the 60s and 70s they carried an extensive line of A & T parts. I have been to the store several times in the 70s. Very interesting place, I think it must have been their original store from may be the 20s, oil soaked creaky wood floor, it was an old dirty parts store, most of the staff as I recall looked like they were in a bar fight the night before. They had 2 addresses, the front door I believe was on the south side on State street and it had a sign over the door J.C. Whitney, the side door had a different address and the sign said Warshowski but it was the same place and parts counter. One time I had to go to their warehouse to pick up a large item it was on the north side near downtown Chicago, this building was modern, clean, highly waxed floors, the employees were very helpful, in uniforms, clean and professional. When I lived in Idaho in the early 60s I had purchased a lot of my A parts from Warshowski as I could buy them wholesale thru the Chevy dealership I worked for.
frank55a is offline   Reply With Quote