View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 08:55 AM   #13
Terry, NJ

Default Re: Marvel Mystery Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
We've never seen MMO over here but from what I hear of it on here, I'd certainly like to try it. What is the company that makes/sells/distributes it?
Yawanna start a discussion/argument fast? Start talking about MMO! Half the room thinks it's snake oil and the other half thinks it's Ambrosia for engines. I believe it has its uses. I think it helps as an upper cylinder oil. I do not use it in my crankcase until just before (a day or two) I do an oil change. It messes with the viscosity of your oil. It is basically a solvent, always bear that in mind!
I was buying my tractor, a 1938 allis Chalmers, Mod. B. The engines on these tractors are prone to seizing after sitting for long periods. This one was seized, so I put MMO in each cylinder and let it sit, came back and spun it a few times ("Armstrong starter") and it was OK. I would not like to be without it! But it's not technician in a jar. As I said, it has it's uses! BTW, They've been making the stuff since 1923. I always factor longevity into a product's claims. It can't be all bad!
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote