View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #1
Shadetree

Default This Site Is Awesome!

We all take for granted the features designed into this site. But if you are like me you hardly scratch the surface of all the built in features. Thanks to Ryan and his well designed site we enjoy the day to day communications with fellow Ford enthusiasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry,OH View Post
Shadetree: The transmission case and internals will fit the 35 without problems. Have to change the clutch release lever on the side of the transmission to the 35 lever, and use the 35 rear bearing retainer (motor mount). The 35 transmission cover (floor pan) will have to be modified slightly to accept the later transmission top, which has to be used due to the 3" shift fork, the shifter has to be changed to the 36 or later because the rod going into the top of the transmission for 35 is different and will not work with the double detent top.

I got to thinking transmissions and recalled a recent thread discussing my 1941 pickup version. Someone replied that I could use the internals and top from the `41 in my `35 transmission. I could not remember who posted a response to my request or what thread it was on. I simply searched for 1941 transmission and there it was!

I took Terry Of Ohio’s comment too lightly. Should I have reason to remove the transmission or engine I would do just as Terry suggested, swap the internals. This way I could keep the original case that came new in my car as it matches the numbers on the frame.

Thank you Terry and Ryan too!

Bud Reynolds