View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 11:11 PM   #18
daveymc29

Default Re: Borg Warner OD Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
daveymc29, do you have a part number for that switch?
Sorry, no. I told the nice lady at the parts counter what I wanted and she handed it to me. Went home and installed it, tested as I thought it would, so I put it all together. I have done this on about five and possible six O/D's. Works well for me. I'm sure most parts houses have a selection of switches. I asked for one that would interrupt the circuit when the plunger is pushed into the switch and the circuit will be restored as soon as the plunger is allowed to push itself out of the switch body. (shifting the tanny into reverse pushes the plunger into the switch body, killing the circuit to the solenoid. Neutral or an gear other than reverse doesn't affect the circuit. My power source runs from the fuse directly to that switch, then on to the on/off control to the solenoid, thereby insuring there won't be a memory lapse of other reason for the solenoid to be powered when the tranny is in reverse, Works for me and Austin Healey, Triumph, Jaguar and Volvo that I am aware of. Probably on any vehicle with a Laycock de Normanville O/D.
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote