View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 10:43 AM   #520
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

East Hastings Street, Vancouver.

My wife Patricia (Patsy) and I had an overnight in Vancouver. As usual Patsy made the hotel booking, choosing “Patricia Hotel” in East Hastings St. Choice made on the strength of the hotel name.
It turned out to be a very tired hotel but we had a nice dinner and the beer was brewed on premises. Really nice beer.
It only takes 2 beers and I have difficulty sleeping. Well I sat on the end of our bed and was entertained by watching the street below. Drug dealing. A woman was approached by buyers and they’d disappear out of sight for a couple of minutes then the visitor would depart.
A prostitute in light and flimsy clothing on this cold breezy night waving to cars passing by. Some stopped and picked her up. I suspected the hotel was infact a brothel and the internet confirmed this. Next day we took a bus around the town. This street was home to the homeless and druggies. We were told the cops allowed it because it kept them altogether and made it easier for them to keep surveillance on. The reason for higher than usual homeless people in Vancouver is that this city is the warmest in Canada. I’m not knocking Canada for we all have our homeless and that of course includes Australia.
Canadians we spoke to asked why the hell would we stay on East Hastings Street? Well it’s reputation was unknown to us. Besides it was a new experience to us country bumpkins and yes we too have frost out on our pumpkins.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg patricia hotel.jpg (20.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg east hastings st.jpg (21.3 KB, 12 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 04-06-2019 at 10:55 AM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote